Call to order 7 pm – Cecilia Armour
Round the table catch up with each other– Cecilia Armour
Review of Mission and purpose of The Dean Foundation – Cecilia Armour
1. Top provide scholarship support for families who cannot afford our tuition , ( $20,200 or
2. To fill the financial gap between the tuition and the actual cost of educating a child with
3. To retain and recruit high-quality teachers by providing continual professional
development for teachers, ( cutting-edge therapy-based research), and increasing
benefits and salary.
Business of the Board:
Adopt the Minutes from the previous meeting.
● Bob made a motion to approve the previous meeting minutes.
● Charity seconded the motion
● The motion was approved
Should the name Crossway be in the Foundation’s name?
● Much discussion was had regarding the name and how connections are easily made to
● The domain of The Crossway Foundation was available and purchased
● CA to speak to legal team
● Charity made a motion to change the name from The Dean Foundation to The Crossway
● Bob seconded the motion
● The motion was approved
Board Advisees present possible campaigns for discussion.
● CA read aloud RD email with suggestions.
● CK suggested that we also become more family engaging in our fundraising approach
● BK suggested purpose 3 for our first focus, CK agreed
● The 3rd purpose, (To retain and recruit high-quality teachers by providing continual
professional development for teachers, ( cutting-edge therapy-based research), and
increasing benefits and salary.), was proposed to be the focus of the first campaign
whist we await the paperwork process. We discussed the need to have family
engagement as part of the fundraising process.
● The Shamrock Shuffle will be revitalized and planning will begin at our next board
● Between now and the Spring we will also plan some ‘Take over events’ of places such as
the movie theater, Big Air, Panthers game, etc. We will formalize these at our next
● A motion was proposed for purpose 3 to be our first focus by CK
● The motion was seconded by BK
● CA discussed the need for additional board members
● CK proposed a motion to add two more
● BK seconded the motion
● CA and LK discussed the Fall Festival
Agenda items for next meeting: Capital Campaign, Shamrock Shuffle ( with a name change to
The Crossway Bridge Walk, The Crossway Walk, ‘Run, walk, shuffle for Crossway’. Name to be
Next Board Meeting date
October 24th, 2023. 6.30 - 7.30 pm.
Close of business
About The Crossway Foundation
The Crossway Foundation in Charlotte, NC, is dedicated to providing crucial financial support and resources to empower students with special needs, ensuring they have access to quality education through private schooling opportunities.
The Crossway Foundation
9111 Monroe Rd. STE 100
Charlotte, NC 28270